Monday, February 01, 2010

February it is.

This is a week of many hopes and plans and motivations. Bruce is away to help his dad prune his apple trees in Armstrong and I've got the place to myself to try to get a draft of my thesis done & hopefully to finish off my long overdue quilt project.

Bruce left at 6:45am this morning and I'm a bit lonely already, and unkempt. I sense a week of hermitting is in order. Really, I don't want to leave my apartment.

And so in an attempt to motivate myself I've come here (via Apartment Therapy & Chez Larrson & Soule Mama & Knitting Iris . . . some regulars who keep me company.

This is what got me going - don't you love the simplicity?



Someday I hope to make a bed just like this - I love the style and re-use-it idea and the promise of cozy cuddling. I love finding new blogs & new inspiration - I adore Ashley's photos and decorating style.

I would love to make a pillow like this gingham one with this ruffled floral detail!



____________


And now thanks to this boost of blogging inspiration I'm off to tackle this first




& then this if I have time





Wish me luck & if I have my way with both of these, I'll be back here a few times between now & Saturday.

Happy first week in February!

2 comments:

Standrea said...

I love that bed! It looks so cozy! Perfect for snuggling up with a book, or watching a movie while cuddling with my kids!

Brandy said...

Standrea, thanks for reading! I just love Ashley's style! I could use a cozy book reading session right about now ; )