Sunday, November 15, 2009

'Tis the Season!

. . . for handmade holiday craft fairs in Victoria!

Last year my friend Jen and I had a great time exploring the handmade holiday craft fairs in Victoria and we purchased all kinds of gifts for friends and family and some lovely goodies for ourselves too.

Last night a group of us met to kick the season off at Igloo, an event I first heard about from Cory Judd at her Shi Studio sale in September. The evening featured a great number of Victoria, Vancouver and Island designers along with drinks and food in the lovely Marriot Ballroom. We each came home with a new little treasure! I purchased this extremely awesome tee (I told you I'm a geography geek right?) from Identity (isn't this shop cute!) which I plan to shred up a bit to make a bit more woman friendly (I don't really get a 5 o'clock shadow). Modification may involve cutting out the neck and maybe taking in the torso and arms a bit as well. Or maybe it will become a pillow - Benita's tutorial at Chez Larrson is inspiring!





And that's just the tip of the iceberg - here's where I'll be heading to see new and exciting local design over the next few weeks:


*Out of Hand* Crystal Gardens (713 Douglas) November 20th - 22nd

*Noel Bazaar* Victoria Event Centre (415 Broad) November 26th - 28th

*Hemma Made* Hemma (1274 May) November 28th, 5 - 10 pm

*Rock, Rock, Rock n' Roll Market* Logan's Pub (1821 Cook) November 28, 3-9pm

*local craft sale* habit (522 Pandora) December 5th, 5-11pm


& keep your eyes open for the annual *Smoking Lily Sausage Party* a guy's night out kind of party - you can even leave a list for him ; )


Happy shopping!

No comments: