Friday, October 06, 2006

Stocking Update - Week 4

Here's where I was last Sunday:


This photo was taken in my friend's car on the ferry on our way over to Salt Spring Island for the annual Apple Festival.

I'm a little further as of our S'n'B meeting this week and have the face done and am on to the scarf. Poor snowman is looking a little long in the face since my gauge is less wide than my old stocking but I've got to stay to scale and make this stocking the same size as Alyssa's sister's stocking. I'm sure he'll still look cute.

Here are some photos from the Apple Festival:


Fulford Hall was filled with people and apples - hundreds of varieties were displayed on these tables, look at all that colour! Here we enjoyed apple (orange cox) and apple raspberry pie for breakfast - delicious!


Every apple variety grown on the island was on display at the hall - here is a tiny wild apple displayed in a blue naglene bottle of course.

Then we went on, following the map, to visit orchards and farms in search of tasty treats. We headed to Moonstruck Cheese, where was saw this very cool Parking sign (udder & all) and I purchased some blue cheese for my dad hoping it will keep until Christmas.


We then met up with some other friends and visited Bright Farm where they have 350 varieties of apples, pears, plums and cherries as part of a preservation orchard and were given a tour by the owner. I purchased some Alexander apples which are the apples I grew up with in my grandparent's orchard.




Then I treated myself and purchased this beutiful butter dish made by Judy Weeden. I love it.


Now I'm on to enjoying the long Thanksgiving weekend here and I've planned a party to celebrate my birthday, Post Thesis and the opening of Trailer Park Boys the Movie so we'll be enjoying cheese burgers, pepperoni, jalapenos chips and other heart stopping treats. The rest of the weekend will be filled with farmer's markets and farm tours, local produce, hangover recovery, hiking and family feasts! Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Glenna C said...

That apple festival looks awesome! Especially if there were caramel apples, too ;)